Friday, March 6, 2009

Getting Sick...and How to Get Better

It's official, I am getting sick. I am not sure if it is just a sinus infection or if I am getting a cold, but I am not feeling well. Either way, I have been upping my vitamin C intake and using my neti pot more often to keep my nasal passageways moist. My apartment has really dry heat pumping through it in the winter and I'll bet that is something that caused me to feel bad. Irrigating your nasal passageways with a neti pot is so good for you. You can get your own Neti Pot from YogaDirect.com

Ceramic Neti Pot from YogaDirect.com


Another way you can help battle winter colds is to eat a proper diet full of fruits and vegetables, and taking a good multivitamin really helps as well. As a vegetarian, I have found that I don't get sick that often, and when I do, it isn't for that long. And though I still haven't set foot in an actual Yoga Studio in a while (for shame!) I have been keeping up with my postures in my home. I find that the cold weather in winter makes me so unmotivated to step outside, so practicing in my home has really been the only option for me these days :) But stretching and toning your muscles with Yoga also strengthens your immune system, so Yogis are less likely to get sick! Although if there is an illness going around in your family or in the place where you work, there's really not a lot you can do about it. For me, I'll just keep doing what I am doing and hope I start feeling better soon!

No comments: