Friday, May 22, 2009

Reduce scar tissue with YOGA!

I went to the foot doctor the other day because I have been having pain in the ball of my left foot for about two months now and needed to know what was wrong with it. Since the pain was on my left foot, and my left ankle has always been stiff and sore, I decided to ask the doc about that problem as well.

After waiting 2 hours in a packed waiting room (is this customary these days???), the doctor took 3 X-Rays of my foot. He told me the pain in the ball of my foot is caused my tendinitis and bursitis and gave me some ant-inflammatory medicine to help it. I was relieved it wasn't a bone fracture or something else.

The X-Rays also showed that my left ankle had a marble-sized bone just hanging out in my Achilles. The doctor told me I must have broken my ankle as a child and the bone just sat there. He said it had been there for a long time because it was smooth.

The doctor told me I could either go to physical therapy...or YOGA class to work out the scar tissue! Go figure the doctor would recommend Yoga :) I'll definitely be choosing that method of rehab over the physical therapy!

So that is the story about my bum left foot :) Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: