Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Take the time to live in the moment...

This Memorial Day weekend, my fiance and I took a much needed camping trip in Massachusetts. I was feeling extremely stressed out, having woke up with a stiff neck the morning we were going to leave for the trip, and just really needed to spend some time and relax. Fortunately, that is exactly what we did all weekend long - RELAX!

One thing I realized while camping was how much I really need to remember to live in the moment. Day to day life really puts a lot on our shoulders and we become worriers. I know for myself I really love driving, but lately I find myself thinking more about how I need to get to my destination (on time!) than about driving itself. That's probably not the safest thing for my body or my mind... I am sure my tense neck was a sign that I need to relax.

One of my friends on Facebook started a class at a YMCA in Raleigh, NC called "Power Siesta," and it sounds like such a great class! It combines a little bit of Yoga with a lot of relaxation. (You can read the article here.) I know my c-workers and I always joke about having "adult nap time" but I think it would really be a great idea. Just a way that we can remember to relax and enjoy the life that is going on all around us.

That is a good thing to think about this week :) Namaste!

No comments: