Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Was it the Yin?

I came home from a GREAT Bikram Yoga class last night and took a shower immediately when I got home. As I sat down to check my email, I noticed that I was creating beads of sweat only from my shoulders and neck. In fact, the sweat was beading up so quickly that it began dripping down and eventually completely soaking the upper half of the shirt I was wearing.

"I must be cold," I thought, and threw a sweatshirt on. About an hour and a half later, though my body felt cool, I continued to sweat right through the sweatshirt! Why a person would sweat for 2 long hours only out of their shoulders and neck (which were giving off HEAT when I put my hand near)?

I am still not sure, but about 2 hours after I had started sweating, it all stopped. Like my body was finally done releasing something. The only thing I could think of was maybe the Yin Yoga class I took the night before had stirred something up inside me, so when I took the Bikram Yoga class my body felt like it needed to just sweat it out?

I have no idea! Has this ever happened to anyone else before? I am going to go to another Bikram class tonight. If anything else weird happens, I will keep you posted!

No comments: