Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Future of Yoga is Online

I am very pleased to announce that YogaDirect opened another location in the UK! We are still solely an online retailer, so there's no retail stores yet, but we now have a warehouse and a group of great customer service representatives over in the UK! The website, located at www.YogaDirect.co.uk, hasn't even been live for a month yet, but we are already seeing success! Go visit the site and check it out!
YogaDirect.co.uk

Also, if you aren't already following YogaDirect Lady (me!!!) on Facebook, Twitter, or Myspace, you should sign on and be my friend! I know that Myspace isn't all the rage anymore, but I am noticing a growing community of Yogis on many social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter and it is very exciting. Through these sites, I have learned a lot about other Yogis philosophies, new postures, different opinions about classes, and more. I have also met a lot of great online buddies who all share a passion for Yoga.

Recently, I met a Yoga Instructor named Page Turner on Facebook. She teaches online Yoga classes on her website www.HypnoYogaOnline.com, and she offered I test out a class. I was very excited to try it out, since I am kind of a web geek and am into trying new things. Unfortunately, the class is still being tested for technical difficulties, but I got a good sense of what a class would be like.

When I connected to the class with my web cam, it was really exciting to see Page (who was in Costa Rica) and the other student in class, Christine (from Texas) on my computer screen with me. It was like we were in my living room taking a Yoga class like normal! Sure, Christine had her dog walking in and out of the video screen occasionally, and I had to fidget with my screen dimmer every so often, it was really great to feel a connection through Yoga with these two people who were in different parts of the world. I cannot think of anything more zen than that!

HypnoYogaOnline.com

Though the connection was a little rough for the class, I'd recommended everyone give online Yoga a try. Online Yoga classes like these will be a great way for large groups of people to maybe experience classes from instructors they couldn't normally take class from because they lived too far away. While there's still some kinks to be worked out as far as the small size of the instructor on the screen, and connection problems, it is a great way for the teacher and student to interact remotely, and both can easily benefit from the experience.

No comments: