Friday, August 28, 2009

Bikram Yoga with Cysts in Your Ankle

Last night I went to Bikram Yoga for the first time in a month! I had been away so long because my ankle injury back at the end of July. My ankle is feeling about 95% better, but I still can't point my left foot because of where the 3 cysts are located.

While I had a REALLY great Bikram class (with the best final Savasana I have EVER had!), there's 2 postures that my ankle will not let me do. One is Supta Vajrasana, which I normally couldn't do that well anyway, but the one that surprised me was Dandayamana Bibhaktapada Janushirasana. It only but when we faced the left side, but I never realized how much your ankle plays a role in that posture.

All in all, my ankle did feel better after the class, and the swelling went down quite a bit, so I am sure Bikram class is going to help my ankle more than hurt it, but it just sucks to know that I am starting at square one with the flexibility in my ankle again. All that hard work...

I guess that is why they call it a yoga practice...and not a perfect! ;)

No comments: