Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day #1 Of Yoga in My Pajamas...

Mondays are my long days. I am at work from 8:30am-5pm, and then I drive straight to class where I dance for 3 hours. I don't usually get home before 10pm on Monday nights, and I am usually too pooped to do anything else when I get home.

However, last night was my first night of a week full of Yoga in my Pajamas! So at 10:30pm I logged on to YogaToday.com to take the free class they offer. I was pretty exhausted when I started the class, but just kind of told myself to hush up and began the class.

I did the class in my bedroom, and instead of using a yoga mat, I just put those sticky Yoga socks on my feet. Unfortunately at the first downward dog, I realized that I probably should have laid out my mat because my hands were sliding out from underneath me!

Things were going great, until about a quarter of the way into the class, my cat decided he was going to attack my toes while I was in Warrior 2! So I had to come out of the pose, shoo my cat out of the room and close the door. No more distractions...

The instructor of the video was really good! I found that even though she wasn't in the room with me, her instructions were very clear and I was able to make the needed adjustments to my body in each pose. I even did some postures I have never done before, but they didn't hurt me and the instructor was very clear, so I am confident I did them as best as I could.

The only part of class that was lacking for me was the savasana at the end. We did some breathing exercises at the end of class, but then it was over - no relaxation. I guess that was up to me, but of course I didn't do it.

So far, I am really enjoying doing Yoga in my PJ's. Yoga Today's online class was not only informative, but it was pretty fun! I'd recommend the class to anyone who just doesn't feel like they can get out of the house to take a regular yoga class.

Tonight's class - a LIVE interactive Yoga class with Page Turner at Hypno Yoga Online. I probably won't be able to wear my pajamas for this one - everyone will be able to see me!

No comments: